October 13, 2010

Wedding

There were too many familiar faces.

Brevity, I attended a wedding reception of my Mum's friend's son. I used to know him and his family, but then I was 4 when I knew them, and it has been 9 years ago, so I may have forgotten their faces. Problem is they REMEMBER me very well, and thus I have to ask my Mum where they are; not which one, just to cover my stupidity, so at the very least I don't have to ask 'Sorry, who are you?' when they greet me.

Now forget the awkwardness. You can't tell when I don't act awkwardly; nearly NEVER. Attending a wedding party gives me an idea of life. It just suddenly popped out inside my mind, "Will this ever happen to me?".


I hate to admit that everything looked tremendously beautiful. The room itself was beautiful, and everyone's happy. Kids running happily here to there, and some teenagers were happy in other way; tasting any kinds of fancy food. The band sang love songs, and they were happy. Apart from my lack of concerns, the same question always wanders in around my head.

Still a kid, I am. But I frequently think of my future. Will I finish my study well? Where will I attend my college? Will I be what I want to be? Will I finish my book and be an author? Or will I ever get a keyboard and be a musician? Then, will I find a pretty girl I land my heart on, date her, propose her, and marry her? What will I do in my final years, and will somebody accompany me until the end of my life? This questions are actually unanswerable; again, I'm still a kid. It will be a long years of waiting to see the answer.

But sometimes, I realize myself as a part of the infamous Queen song:

"I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me!"

Sometimes, I wish to get back to the beginning of everything, to get everything fixed and then go with my right life. But now, I wish I can skip everything and just GET THERE. Just to see what great plan He has prepared for me.

But sometimes I'm afraid, the questions are just questions, what if the answer of all of them is simply 'Never'? Actually, deep down in myself I don't really wish this to happen, too. You all know how my mindset works. When I get BACK to reality, it is simply like a daydream. But a sobering daydream...that sometimes I wish to come true. It's just a matter of time. Everything depends on the time. 

Jokingly, what keeps me wish the wedding to happen to me? The cake.

2 comments:

  1. But sometimes, I realize myself as a part of the infamous Queen song:

    "I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me!"

    ....
    hmmmmm self pity?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah.. That's me. I frequently pity my own self.

    ReplyDelete